Wednesday, July 04, 2007

2007 World Open

If you are at home today, as I am, and finally have time to look at some chess, I recommend you check out Monroi's 2007 World Open site and follow some games live on the net. Going into the last round, there is a five-way tie for first with Hikaru Nakamura, Leonid Yudasin, Varuzhan Akobian, Alexander Stripunsky and Sandipan Chanda with 5.5/7. I've been trying to follow some of their games and find it good training to challenge myself to find the same moves as the GMs. I'm also looking through early round games to see what I missed. Jim West does a good job of annotating Ippolito-Tanaka from yesterday, which was a great positional win by the New Jersey IM.

Chess bloggers at the event include Daaim Shabazz of The Chess Drum blog, George Duval of Blunder Prone (who is struggling but posted a nice win), and Steve Eddins of Steve Learns Chess.

No comments: